Författare Ämne: 700.000 år gammal häst  (läst 2546 gånger)

Utloggad Boreas

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 5 477
700.000 år gammal häst
« skrivet: juli 02, 2013, 14:32 »
Nyligen publicerade en dansk forskargrup ett genomslag i DNA-forskningen,då dom klarade läsa ut genomen till världens äldsta hästkranium - hittat i norra Canada.

Hästens ålder och spridning - i det arktiska Amerika såväl som i norra Eurasia - är mao. väsentligt äldre än många lär tro.

Med den lyckade sekvenseringen har forskarna i Köpenhamn förövrigt satt en ny milstolpe inom genetisk forskning. 

Citera

Sometimes enough molecules survive so that the full genome sequence of extinct species could be resurrected and over the last years, the full genome sequence of a few ancient humans and archaic hominins has been characterized. But so far, none dated back to before 70,000 years.

Now Dr. Ludovic Orlando and Professor Eske Willerslev from the Centre for GeoGenetics have beaten this DNA-record by about 10 times. Thereby the two researchers – in collaboration with Danish and international colleagues – have been able to track major genomic changes over the last 700.000 years of evolution of the horse lineage.

First, by comparing the genome in the 700,000 year old horse with the genome of a 43,000 year old horse, six present day horses and the donkey the researchers could estimate how fast mutations accumulate through time and calibrate a genome-wide mutation rate. This revealed that the last common ancestor of all modern equids was living about 4.0-4.5 million years ago.

http://www.heritagedaily.com/2013/06/a-700000-year-old-horse-gets-its-genome-sequenced/
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”