Författare Ämne: Cart ruts på Azorerna  (läst 10530 gånger)

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
  • Antal inlägg: 93
Cart ruts på Azorerna
« skrivet: mars 21, 2013, 09:38 »
Precis som på Malta, Gujarat i Indien saknas även på Azorerna trampspår efter dragsdjur (oxar) mellan de forntida parallella hjulspåren. Vad kan det bero på?

Hjulspår på Azorerna

Utloggad stakodder

• Veteran
  • Antal inlägg: 688
SV: Cart ruts på Azorerna
« Svar #1 skrivet: mars 21, 2013, 15:29 »
Mer intressant är hur gamla dessa spår är.
Jag vet var Grendels grotta ligger

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #2 skrivet: mars 21, 2013, 20:15 »
Iakttar man erosionen vid gujarats kust i Indien så får man sig en tankeställare ang. åldern på dessa spår. Spåren några kilometer norr om staden Diu tycks även toucha en bit av vissa vid ebb frilagda stenpartier vid kustbandet.

Utloggad 123hopp

• Stammis
  • Antal inlägg: 377
« Svar #3 skrivet: mars 21, 2013, 21:14 »
Avsaknad av trampspår efter dragdjur kan betyda att det var människor som dragit "carts". Vem bodde då på Azorerna innan de kristna europeer kom är faktiskt den stora problem, tycker jag. När det gäller Malta cart-ruts, några börjar i sjön, därför kunde man associera dem med gudomen som kommer från där som t ex Dionysos i Grekland. (Hans båt
läggdes på en vagn eller hade hjul, åtmistone i Attika) De permanentade vägar skulle kanske säkra att land-välsignelseritualen (?) skulle repeteras varje år på samma ställen och längs samma linjer i landskapet. Sen blev dem sekulariserade och äntligen övergivna när nya religioner  tagit över.

Utloggad stakodder

• Veteran
  • Antal inlägg: 688
« Svar #4 skrivet: mars 21, 2013, 21:18 »
Mänskliga spår på Azorerna - t ex i form av dessa spår - före 1400-talet är en sensation, därför frågar jag. Är det säkert att bilderna är tagna där?
Jag vet var Grendels grotta ligger

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #5 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 08:23 »
The Azores Islands: (Portuguese Colony).

The Azores islands are located roughly in the centre of the Atlantic ocean. They were formed by the tectonic activity along the centre of the Ocean floor. There are are nine islands in total, which first appear on Genoese Portellano's c. 1350. For a long time, reports circulated about the presence of ancient structures and artefacts on the islands. Although these have been consistently refuted, a new report has confirmed the rumours to have been of substance. The pertinent question now is no longer if, but who exactly were these prehistoric visitors to the islands. 

Article (Aug 2012): Portuguese American Journal. 'Prehistoric Rock Art found in Azores'.

'The president of the Portuguese Association of Archaeological Research (APIA), Nuno Ribeiro, revealed Monday having found rock art on the island of Terceira, supporting his belief that human occupation of the Azores predates the arrival of the Portuguese by many thousands of years'.

(Link to Article)

Even after such astonishing revelations, a research project presented in March 2011 to the Regional Government of Azores still waits funding. (6)

The Azores: (Acores)

'When were the Azores first Populated':

The recent report by the President of the APIA has opened the floodgates to the perception of prehistoric activity on the islands. With archaeological discoveries having been made on most of the nine islands, there is now no doubt that they were occupied in the past. Similarities to Greek and Carthaginian remains are of particular interest as coins from the same period had been previously discovered on the island of Corvo (2)

The Cyrenaic and Carthaginian coins of Corvo:

'The 'Corvo Coins' refers to a hoard of coins dating to approximately 200 BCE that were reportedly left in the Azores by Carthaginians and discovered in 1749 on the island of Corvo. The only source of information about the find is a report published in 1778 in 'Det Götheborgska Wetenskaps och Witterhets Samhallets Handlinger', now known as the Publications of the Royal Society of Sciences and Letters in Gothenburg, by Johan Frans Podolyn, a Portuguese-born Swede. According to Podolyn, in 1761 he met in Madrid the historian and numismatist Enrique Flórez who gave him 9 coins from Carthage (2 gold and 5 bronze) and 2 from Cyrene (bronze), which Flores said were from a hoard discovered in 1749 in a black pot or vase after being washed out of the foundations of a building by a storm' (3)

(Other Carthaginian Coins Found in the Americas)

(Report by Dr Mark A. McMenamin)

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #6 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 08:36 »
Cart-ruts on the Azores:

The presence of cart-ruts on the Azores is one of the most unexpected facts to present itself in the search for the first settlers on the Azores. These enigmatic features are found in large numbers around the Mediterranean basin, in Italy, Portugal, France, and most famously on Malta. The Portuguese cart-ruts are pre-Christian, as are those on Malta. As we have no record of their being made since the 'official' discovery of the Azores, we must assume that these were made by a people prior to the Portuguese.

There are three physical explanations for the existence of cart-ruts. They are:

1). They were carved into the rock to facilitate the passing of some form of vehicles.

2). They were worn naturally by the passing of numerous vehicles over a long period of time.

3). They were made by the passing of a single vehicle over a soft substrate which has since solidified.

All of these possibilities pose problems in the case of the Azores: The first alternative requires a large supply of manpower, lots of time and a considerable motivation. The second requires considerably more time and an immense amount of traffic (in order to carve such deep tracks into rock). The third option is entirely refuted by geologists. As we have no record of such practices by the Carthaginians or Greeks, we probably need to look elsewhere to find the origin of these most peculiar geological features. The Maltese cart-ruts have now shown to have an association with the temple building period c. 3,000 BC. Not only are the stones used to build the temples the same dimensions as the 'gauge' of the tracks, but they are found close to the temples themselves. Again, none of these facts appear to be relevant on the Azores so for now, at least, the very existence of what is essentially a 'prehistoric' feature is one of the islands most fascinating mysteries.

Cart-ruts on Terceira, Azores.

(Photo Credits: Antonieta Costa, Antonio Araújo)

Utloggad Sindre

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 1 007
« Svar #7 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 09:27 »
Att hjulspåren är bevarade medan dragdjurens spår inte är bevarade borde bero på att hjulen dragits i nästan exakt samma spår varje gång en vagn har dragits, hjulavstånden verkar ha varit ganska standardiserade medan djuren inte har trampat på exakt samma plats varje gång de gått förbi. Titta på en stig och fråga dig varför inte fotspåren efter människorna på stigen finns bevarade. Samma gäller viltstråk.

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #8 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 11:25 »
Någon form av spår bör vara gällande om tunga kreatur ständigt, år ut och år in trampat framför ev. slädar. Jämför med en enkel grusväg i ett vackert sommarsverige:

Den ena grusvägen är frekvent använd med häst och vagn.

Utloggad Sindre

• Gode
« Svar #9 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 12:24 »
Det beror ju helt och hållet på hur länge sedan vägen har använts. En stig växer snabbt igen om den faller i glömska. Jag och min familj använde samma stig varje dag under sommaren för att ta oss till havet där jag växte upp och det blev en ganska gedigen stig till slut. Jag har varit där sedan jag och min bror flyttade ut för ett sekel sedan ungefär och det enda spåret som finns är en fördjupning i gräset lite här och där.

Utloggad Sindre

• Gode
« Svar #10 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 15:49 »
*suck*

Nej, jag är inte vampyr, jag menar ett årtionde, inte ett sekel, förstås..  ::)

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #11 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 17:02 »
Förmodligen är jag den förste västerlänning att uppmärksamma "cartruts" på den Nordindiska västkusten. Jag fann dem vid en lång vandring längs kusten strax utanför den stora viken Cambay (Kambath) i Gujarat. Faktum är att jag sökte av ett antal mil på nyfikenhet och om det ev. kunde finnas några artefaktiska lämningar längs det kustavsnittet.
Varför då? Jo, indiska staten har vid sonarscanningar vid mitten på 1990 talet upptäckt geometriska mönster på havsbotten ungefär nio landmil ute till havs. På ett djup mellan tjugo trettio meter figurerar kvadratiska, rektangulära och terrassliknande formationer med en storlek på hundratals meter i storlek. Forntida ruiner på havsbotten?

Utloggad Frågvis Amatör

• Avslutat konto
  • Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 1 832
« Svar #12 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 18:34 »
Fistol: Nu är det väldigt förvirrat! Frågar du om Azorerna eller fler platser?
Vilken av öarna?

Citera
As we have no record of their being made since the 'official' discovery of the Azores, we must assume that these were made by a people prior to the Portuguese.

Jag har svårt att tro att Portugiserna inventerade alla öarna i detalj på en nivå där de hade koll på alla hjulspår när man anlände dit på 1400-1500-talet. Ett likvärdigt antagande är att de är moderna och tillkommit efter att Portugiserna anlänt.

Thomas I

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #13 skrivet: mars 22, 2013, 19:04 »
Terceira på Azorerna. Jag tog med de nyupptäcta spåren vid den indiska västkusten som en jämförelse för att om möjligt få ett begrepp om vilken historisk tid det handlar om ang. dessa spår.

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #14 skrivet: mars 23, 2013, 07:23 »
Rättelse: De kontroversiella bottenfynden som sonarscanningarna indiska staten bekostat gjordes ungefär nio landkilometer utanför Gujarats kust.

Gulf of Cambay cities: Update.

Article By BBC News Online's Tom Housden :
The vast city - which is five miles long and two miles wide - is believed to predate the oldest known remains in the subcontinent by more than 5,000 years.

The site was discovered by chance last year by oceanographers from India's National Institute of Ocean Technology conducting a survey of pollution.

Using sidescan sonar - which sends a beam of sound waves down to the bottom of the ocean they identified huge geometrical structures at a depth of 120ft.

Debris recovered from the site - including construction material, pottery, sections of walls, beads, sculpture and human bones and teeth has been carbon dated and found to be nearly 9,500 years old.

Marine archaeologists have used a technique known as sub-bottom profiling to show that the buildings remains stand on enormous foundations.

Chronological problem

This, Mr Hancock told BBC News Online, could have massive repercussions for our view of the ancient world.

"There's a huge chronological problem in this discovery. It means that the whole model of the origins of civilisation with which archaeologists have been working will have to be remade from scratch," he said.

However, archaeologist Justin Morris from the British Museum said more work would need to be undertaken before the site could be categorically said to belong to a 9,000 year old civilisation.

"Culturally speaking, in that part of the world there were no civilisations prior to about 2,500 BC. What's happening before then mainly consisted of small, village settlements," he told BBC News Online.

Dr Morris added that artefacts from the site would need to be very carefully analysed, and pointed out that the C14 carbon dating process is not without its error margins.

It is believed that the area was submerged as ice caps melted at the end of the last ice age 9-10,000 years ago

Although the first signs of a significant find came eight months ago, exploring the area has been extremely difficult because the remains lie in highly treacherous waters, with strong currents and rip tides.

The Indian Minister for Human Resources and ocean development said a group had been formed to oversee further studies in the area.

"We have to find out what happened then ... where and how this civilisation vanished," he said.
malen Inlägg: 1153Blev medlem: tis 30 aug 2011, 20:19

Utloggad 123hopp

• Stammis
« Svar #15 skrivet: mars 23, 2013, 09:07 »
De ruinerna i sjön utanför Gujarats kust är kända sedan länge. Det är bara journalister som värmer upp denna "nyhet" om och om igen så att det ter sig som något nytt. Hinduer kallar dem ruinerna - "Krishnas stad". Följaktligen, cart-ruts vid Gujarats stränder kanske var kallade "Krishnas vägar" en gång under tiden? Det är likadan situation som med Dionysos i i några delar av Grekland (Thrakien, Lerna i Argolis, Attika). För sjönära folk, Undervärlden var gömd nånstans under havsytan eller på mytiska öar - synliga bara för några utvalda.
(Det sista gällde för Irland)

Utloggad tty

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 1 554
« Svar #16 skrivet: mars 25, 2013, 20:02 »
Att det skulle behövas en "enorm trafik" för att åstadkomma spåren på Azorerna är nonsens. Azorerna består av mycket mjukt och lätteroderat vulkaniskt berg.
Öarna har varit bebodda sedan 1400-talet. Låt säga att tre tvåhjuliga kärror per dag passerat i varje riktning, vilket knappast är någon särskilt intensiv trafik. På 500 år (tills motorfordonen tog över i mitten av 1900-talet) blir det drygt  en miljon hjulpassager i varje spår.

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #17 skrivet: mars 26, 2013, 06:25 »
Det märkliga kvarstår dock varför det mellan spåren inte finns någon antydan till att kreatur, hästar eller människor har lämnat nötningsspår efter sig. Erosion lämnar förvisso kvar de djupaste partierna men den förklaringen är svår att ta till sig gällande dessa "cart ruts". Skulle det ändock handla om erosion på Azorerna, ja hur gamla är då dessa spår?

Utloggad 123hopp

• Stammis
« Svar #18 skrivet: mars 27, 2013, 20:16 »
http://www.oocities.org/poinike/two.html   - Här finns några infos om cart-ruts på Malta :

- "A number of ruts are found close to Temples, including those of Hagar Qim, Mnajdra, Tal-Qadi, Tarxien, Skorba and Borg l-Imramma.  It is thus postulated that these ruts served as trails on which the megalithic blocks were carried to their final destination. A much greater number of ruts are not associated with any Temple remains.  The ruts between Hagar Qim and Mnajdra seem to be leading elsewhere while other ruts found near the other Temple sites could easily be accounted for by other destinations."

- "At Borg in-Nadur the cart-ruts could equally be associated with the megalithic temple in the area or the Roman Olive industry at Ta’ Kaccatura.  At il-Wardija ta’ San Gorg, the ruts approaching the settlement stop more than a hundred metres away, and are only traced east of the Bronze age settlement at Ta’Zuta going towards a totally different direction.  No ruts have been found in the immediate vicinity and directed towards the settlement."

- "Ruts are often found near Roman surface quarries, and occasionally ruts are observed to go towards these structures.  In the case of ruts found in other Mediterranean countries, a clear association with classical remains exists. Proof for the Roman nature of the various quarries is lacking, while cart-ruts are not found near major Roman enterprises like the cities of Melitae and Gaulos."

-"The vehicles proposed to have travelled across the ruts include the sledge, the cart and the slide car.  All these vehicles have their problems, when confronted with different aspects of the ruts’ profile, namely variability of distance between the ruts, sharp turns and shape of the ruts itself."

Så, vad kan man dra för slutsatser från detta? - Min hypotes låter som förut; i början det var "ceremoniella vägar", vilka här och där bygdes ut med andra - kanske för rent praktiska ändamål.

Utloggad Fistol

• Medlem
« Svar #19 skrivet: mars 28, 2013, 07:24 »
"Ceremoniella vägar", på Malta, Gujarat, Azorerna m.fl.? Vad är definitionen på "ceremoniella vägar"?