Författare Ämne: Uppfinningar och upptäckter före sin tid  (läst 2875 gånger)

Utloggad Piankhy

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 2 463
Uppfinningar och upptäckter före sin tid
« skrivet: november 19, 2012, 14:36 »
Då och då har det gjorts upptäckter och uppfunnits saker som varit långt före sin tid och vars fulla potential man inte förstått. Flera upptäckter i antiken, t ex Herons ångmaskin (aelopil) tillhör ju den kategorin. Redan under stenåldern finns ett fascinerande exempel nämligen att man använde stenkol att elda med i Ostrava i Tjeckien redan för omkring 25 000 år sedan. Man kan ju undra vilka idéer och uppfinningar i dagens värld som s a s är lika långt före sin tid?

Aelopile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile

Ostrava
Citera
The coal mining in the area started many thousand years ago in the Stone Age. The hill was used by Palaeolithic hunters and gatherers as a resting place. They left stone tools, bone tools and even a female figuren known as Landek Venus. And in the fireplaces the archaeologists found burnt coal. So they used the coal for their campfires. This is the oldest recorded use of coal by man.

http://www.showcaves.com/english/cz/mines/Landek.html
Ju äldre desto bättre.

Utloggad Boreas

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 5 477
SV: Uppfinningar och upptäckter före sin tid
« Svar #1 skrivet: november 19, 2012, 15:26 »
Personligen tycker jag dom här två, 28.000+ år gamla expansionsskruvarna från Frankrike är oerhört charmanta:

Här finns flera innovationer från paleolitisk tid:
http://www.donsmaps.com/tools.html
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Utloggad Piankhy

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 2 463
SV: Uppfinningar och upptäckter före sin tid
« Svar #2 skrivet: december 13, 2012, 11:08 »
I dagens avsnitt av TV-serien världens museer besöker man Topkapimuseet i Istanbul. Där förvaras bl a en gammal bok om uppfinningar. Man är idag inte helt säker på ifall vissa av dessa uppfinningar vid den tid när boken skrevs var praktiskt möjliga att bygga.
I boken beskrivs bl a något som kan ha varit världens första robot.

Citera
Is an illustrated 13th century book Arab science fiction?
Or does it show real mechanical devices that were way ahead of their time?
Inside Topaki Palace, many of the most important artifacts are preserved in the archives.  And one is so fragile that it is rarely brought into the light.
It is an illustrated manuscript, dated 1206 AD.
The cover identifies it as The Book of Ingenious Devices by Al Jazari.
Every page shows a drawing of a mechanical device.  Some have a practical purpose, like raising water to irrigate a field, while others are more fanciful:  mechanical people that appear to be intended to move and do tasks on their own.

In the book’s preface, Al Jazari claims that every drawing is of a device he made himself  to bring delight to the Sultan’s court.  But many have a level of complexity that seems impossible for the 13th century.
In the broadcast episode, historian Bert Hall and recreationist Chris Warrilow work together to build one of Al Jazari’s devices:  a mechanical servant girl.
If she does what she is supposed to do, it will mean that a 13th century Arab designed history’s first working robot.
Were Al Jazari’s illustrations pipedreams?  Or was his engineering far ahead of its time?

The Book of Ingenious Devices by Al Jazari
Ju äldre desto bättre.