Författare Ämne: Istidens abrupta dynamik  (läst 54486 gånger)

Utloggad Boreas

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 5 477
SV: Istidens abrupta dynamik
« Svar #80 skrivet: maj 06, 2015, 01:59 »
Dateringar av dom många De Geer-morenerna i Finland berättar att den större inlandsisen lämnade det finska inlandet rätt snabbt - som i ett 'jökullaup i 'slow-motion'.

Den finska inlandsisens lär ha delat sej i tre - som åkt i tre respektive riktningar. Smältzonen mot väster lär ha kalvat, gradvis, så som det kan skådas på södra delen av Grönland. Den östra delen lär ha glidit ner från inlandets höjd i större delar - troligen under Äldre Dryas - och fyllt Karelens vattenplatå. Den sista delen lär sen ha 'kollapsat' över dom gamla ändmorenerna (Salussälkä), översvämmat södra central-Finland och fyllt finska viken och dom norra delar av Estland. Enligt dom dateringar man fått fram (10.000 år okalibrerat C-14) har den sista avisningen ha försiggått under Yngre Dryas.

Rörelserna ikring YD lär ha förstärkts av tektonosk aktivitet (vulkaner, jordskalv) eftersom liknande kollapser och "jökullaup" - av större, kollapsande islober och uppdämt smältvatten - är registerat under sammakorta period, såväl på norsksa kusten som i NO Amerika.

Dom extraordinära och snabba sänkningar man mätt i havs- och luft-temperaturer under Yngre Dryas kan alltså förklaras som en konsekvens av snabbt växande mängder is och smältvatten på båda sidor om Nord-Atlanten, jämte Östersjön och Vita havet.   

Citera

De Geer moraines in Finland and the annual moraine problem

Main field investigation methods included petrographic, granulometric, mor­phometric and two‑ and three‑dimensional orientation analyses, carried out in the study area in Hyvinkää and other important occurrence areas. Distances between successive De Geer moraines in Finnish moraine fields were measured cartometrically, and the values later combined with corresponding information on moraines in, above all, Sweden and Canada. Seasonal rhythm in moraine dis­tances is found only exceptionally by comparison with clay varve data on the ice‑marginal rate of retreat. The common average distance between De Geer mo­raines in Finland, approximately 100 m, does not reflect successive positions of the ice margin during the course of deglaciation. Neither do the deposits show any other features typical of end moraines.

All De Geer moraines of any demarcated group of ridges were deposited al­most simultaneously during a quiescent phase of ice flow, as the ice subsided into a water‑soaked subglacial layer of till. The basal crevasses, formed during the previous quick flow of the ice mass, were filled by material resembling ground moraine being squeezed up from both sides into the cavity.

The material redis­tribution resulted in very similar average distances in all moraine fields. Condi­tions were particularly favourable for so‑called glacial surges within a 10–15 km wide zone inside the ice margin in the vicinity of interlobate areas, exceed­ingly rich in melt‑waters. Long‑axis orientations of De Geer moraines thus indi­cate the influence of both substratum and subglacial drainage systems on basal crevasse development. The deposits – kinds of 'crevasse fillings' – were not deformed by subsequent ice flows, as the ice front was usually broken up by a considerable body of proglacial water.

http://ojs.tsv.fi/index.php/fennia/article/view/9047
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”