Författare Ämne: Komplexa sociala relationer i isländska sagor  (läst 2296 gånger)

Utloggad Piankhy

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 2 463
Komplexa sociala relationer i isländska sagor
« skrivet: oktober 08, 2013, 18:33 »
Analys av isländska sagor avslöjar komplexa sociala mönster som saknas i vanlig fiction. Analyserna ger också en bättre bild av hur vikingatidens människor relaterade till varandra.

Citera
The academics used the Sagas of Icelanders -- a unique corpus of medieval literature from the period around the settlement of Iceland a thousand years ago -- as the basis for their investigation.

Although the historicity of these tales is often questioned, some believe they may contain fictionalised distortions of real societies, and Mac Carron's and Kenna's research bolsters this hypothesis.

They mapped out the interactions between over 1,500 characters that appear in 18 sagas including five particularly famous epic tales. Their analyses show, for example, that although an 'outlaw tale' has similar properties to other European heroic epics, and the 'family sagas' of Icelandic literature are quite distinct, the overall network of saga society is consistent with real social networks.

Vikings May Have Been More Social Than Savage

Ju äldre desto bättre.