Författare Ämne: Indo-Europeiska språkfamiljens ålder  (läst 3727 gånger)

Utloggad Boreas

• Gode
  • Antal inlägg: 5 477
Indo-Europeiska språkfamiljens ålder
« skrivet: april 16, 2011, 18:26 »
Ursprunget för det Indo-Europeiska språket ("Proto-IE") tycks vara väsentligt äldre än bronsåldern. Nyare analyser antyder att I-E anlänt Europa ungefär samtidigt med det uraliska urspråket, 7-10.000 år f.n. 

I samma period sprids för övrigt den kaukasiska människotypen, som uppstått i nån nordlig refugia under istiden. Parallellt sprids jordbruk och metalurgi, som enligt gällande teorier, anländer till Europas många hörn från Anatolien.   

Citera

Our main result is a unimodal posterior distribution for the age of Proto-Indo-European centred at 8400 years before Present with 95% highest posterior density interval equal to 7100–9800 years before Present.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-9876.2010.00743.x/abstract
“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

Utloggad sockerfri

• Stammis
  • Antal inlägg: 452
SV: Indo-Europeiska språkfamiljens ålder
« Svar #1 skrivet: april 16, 2011, 22:32 »
Det som komma bli albanskan sticker ut rätt rejält i denna (både i relation till andra grupper och "åldersmässigt"), medan den i Atkinson & Gray står indoiranska nära och splittrar senare. Måste vara något antingen i metodiken eller datan som ger en sådan "egendomlighet".

Utloggad Boreas

• Gode
« Svar #2 skrivet: april 17, 2011, 19:46 »

Har vårt I-E språk sina rötter i istiden?

Citera

Some of the oldest words in English have been identified, scientists say. Reading University researchers claim "I", "we", "two" and "three" are among the most ancient, dating back tens of thousands of years.

"We use a computer to fit a range of models that tell us how rapidly these words evolve," said Mark Pagel, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Reading. "We fit a wide range, so there's a lot of computation involved; and that range then brackets what the true answer is and we can estimate the rates at which these things are replaced through time."

High fidelity

The work casts an interesting light on the connection between concepts and language in the human brain, and provides an insight into the evolution of a dynamic set of words.
"If you've ever played 'Chinese whispers', what comes out the end is usually gibberish, and more or less when we speak to each other we're playing this massive game of Chinese whispers. Yet our language can somehow retain its fidelity."

"We think some of these words are as ancient as 40,000 years old. The sound used to make those words would have been used by all speakers of the Indo-European languages throughout history," Professor Pagel said. "Here's a sound that has been connected to a meaning - and it's a mostly arbitrary connection - yet that sound has persisted for those tens of thousands of years."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7911645.stm

Utloggad Boreas

• Gode
« Svar #3 skrivet: april 17, 2011, 20:17 »
Det som komma bli albanskan sticker ut rätt rejält i denna (både i relation till andra grupper och "åldersmässigt"), medan den i Atkinson & Gray står indoiranska nära och splittrar senare. Måste vara något antingen i metodiken eller datan som ger en sådan "egendomlighet".

Historien om illyrerna och illyriska språk är fortfarande ganska gåtfull. Tydligen har dom problem med att hitta premisser för hur språket skal placeras bland dom andra axen. Efter det lilla jag vet om illyriska ämnen kan jag tro att Atkinson & Gray ligger något närmare verkligheten - men osäkerheten är fortfarande framträdande. Vad säger haplogrupperna om saken?